My Raleigh & Durham Mental Health Services
Durham Mental Health Services & Psychotherapist Raleigh
Owner, Psychotherapist Raleigh & Durham
Psychotherapy Helping Teens, Adults, Families, Couples with:
- Parenting Support, & Strategies including LGBT Parenting Support & Help for Parents/Family of LGBT Kids
- Sexual Orientation Counseling, Coming Out, LGBT Issues, Bisexuality, Issues of Discrimination & Social Activism
- Couples Therapy, Understanding the Unique Needs of LGBT Couples & Non-Traditional/Non-Monogamous Couples, including Helping with Relationship Issues, Effective Communication, Boundaries, Connection & Intimacy
- Using Many Different Approaches to Help You & Your Family Make Sense of What is Going on & What to Do About it
Our Psychotherapy Approach
My Approach to Mental Health Services
- I believe that therapy can really help & this is supported by research.
- Also that it can often be more helpful than medication alone.
- And that we have “neuroplasticity” throughout our lives, which means our brains & ways of thinking, feeling & experiencing ourselves & our lives can always change.
- While change in thinking, feeling (both physical & emotional), & the brain may take time & effort, these are more permanent than what occurs with medication.
- Feeling understood, connected & really heard is the key to therapy being helpful & to this relationship helping us to heal.
- I see struggles & challenges, including those defined as mental illness, as a normal variation & part of life. So, I use a supportive, accepting approach to seeingour own & others’ problems, as both unique & normal.
- Most importantly, I want you to feel comfortable and at home in talking with me.