EXPERIENCED PSYCHOTHERAPYI offer experience and the caring to help nurture your growth.
MENTAL HEALTH SERVICES to RENEW HOPEI want to help you turn adversity into strength; strength into openness.
CARING, ACCEPTING THERAPYAmidst the turmoil, I want to help you feel safe.
ON THE ROAD to WELL BEINGLet me help you on the path to healing and wellness!
Talk with me to schedule your appointment.
I Want to Help!
My Raleigh & Durham Mental Health Services
Helping with teen problems, including sexual orientation & gender identity counseling, as well as parenting support.
30 years caring for the LGBTQ+ community.Sexual orientation & gender counseling for adults, teens, families and couples.
Relationship counseling, couples & marriage counseling. Helping make all types of relationships work again.
Family counseling to help with communication & care, including co-parenting exs. Helping families be their best.
Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.
Durham Mental Health Services & Psychotherapist Raleigh
Owner, Psychotherapist Raleigh & Durham
Psychotherapy Helping Teens, Adults, Families, Couples with:
- Using Many Different Approaches to Help You & Your Family Make Sense of What is Going on & What to Do About it
For a psychotherapy appointment, just click on schedule appointment below & schedule an appointment on your own.
There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
Our Psychotherapy Approach
My Approach to Mental Health Services
- I believe that therapy can really help & this is supported by research.
- Also that it can often be more helpful than medication alone.
- And that we have “neuroplasticity” throughout our lives, which means our brains & ways of thinking, feeling & experiencing ourselves & our lives can always change.
- While change in thinking, feeling (both physical & emotional), & the brain may take time & effort, these are more permanent than what occurs with medication.
- Feeling understood, connected & really heard is the key to therapy being helpful & to this relationship helping us to heal.
- I see struggles & challenges, including those defined as mental illness, as a normal variation & part of life. So, I use a supportive, accepting approach to seeingour own & others’ problems, as both unique & normal.
- Most importantly, I want you to feel comfortable and at home in talking with me.
Talk with our Intake Social Worker to schedule your appointment.
We Want to Help!