- Therapy for anxiety, stress management, worry, panic & panic attacks, phobias, & feeling overwhelmed with life
- Supportive counseling group for moms, including stress of childbirth &challenges faced by first time & new moms, postpartum depression counseling, & postpartum trauma
- Treatment for PTSD, trauma therapy & how to deal better with traumatic experiences, both childhood & adult
- Treatment of OCD, such as obsessive thinking & behavior that feels compulsive & for when this becomes a problem
- The needs & concerns of women, such as relationships & being a career woman
- Chronic pain & pain management, for such issues as migraines & GI problems
- Psychotherapy for depression, feelings of sadness & pain & grief due to loss & difficult life changes
- Incorporating meditation, mindfulness psychotherapy & yoga into finding a more peaceful way of facing challenges
- Uniquely qualified as Registered Yoga Teacher (RYT) to offer therapy with yoga, mindfulness, Emotional Freedom Technique and other body focused techniques to aid in regulating the anxiety response.
- Help for college-age young people to figure out the many changes, transitions & challenges they may be facing
Elizabeth Van Horn Winders, PsyD, RYT 200
Clinical Psychologist, Trauma Specialist, Anxiety Therapy
Clinical Psychologist Specializing in Holistic Psychotherapy
Is trauma interfering with your life? Have you tried to ignore it or forget about it, but the feelings and symptoms just won’t go away? If you have experienced a recent trauma or one from childhood, I want to help. Trauma can turn our lives upside down, and it can feel like you’ll be stuck there forever. The psychological and physical pain felt from trauma can destroy the joy we once experienced in life. As a clinical psychologist, the approaches I use to treat trauma have been studied to be effective and best practice and best treatment for ptsd or anxiety (“evidence based”) and are also carefully based on what is best for you. We will work on managing symptoms before we even discuss the details of your experience, so you have tools to not get too overwhelmed. My goal is to help you turn your traumatic experience into something that occurred in the past and is not getting in the way of you having the joy filled life you want to have.
I take a careful, caring approach to helping you find your authentic self. I have always been interested in seeing the “whole person”, as part of my practice as a clinical psychologist; taking an approach that works with the mind and the body. I see emotional wellness as not only about having positive emotions, but also knowing the skills to tolerate and accept the negative ones. Teaching these skills can be a primary focus of our work together.
Often times, depression and anxiety are felt in the body. As a clinical psychologist, I use traditional therapy tools and approaches. And while insight from these strategies helps provide some relief, it does not always lead to change. Yoga and other holistic approaches, such as mindfulness psychotherapy, bring together the mind and body; creating change at a deeper level.
I welcome the opportunity to help you find greater relief and peace in your life.