Clinical Psychologist & Counseling Therapist
Specializing in Trauma Therapy, & Treatment for PTSD
– Are you having increasing fear & anxiety?
– Do you find it hard to sleep, concentrate or are you easily startled?
– Are you being “reminded” or having flashbacks in ways that are interfering with your life?
– Do these symptoms make you avoid activities, especially those outside the home?
– Have these symptoms continued or even gotten worse long after the traumatic event?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, PTSD or Trauma may be keeping you stuck.
Clinical Psychologist & Trauma Therapy
Specializing in Treatment for PTSD:
- Offering treatment for PTSD, including treatment for complex PTSD
- Trauma focused therapy
- Mindfulness psychotherapy, to help bring peace & calm
- Cognitive behavioral techniques
- Evidence based best treatment for PTSD
- Incorporating meditation, yoga, mindfulness psychotherapy,Emotional Freedom Technique and other body focused techniques to aid in regulating the anxiety response & find a more peaceful way of facing challenges
How I Can Help with Treatment for PTSD & Trauma Therapy
PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder) is a human reaction to experiencing a life threatening or perceived life threatening event or trauma. It is a condition that is characterized by intense anxiety, avoidance behaviors and often reliving the traumatic experience, such as flashbacks. People with PTSD may struggle in relationships and isolate themselves in an attempt to protect themselves and reduce symptoms. Fortunately, with treatment for PTSD and trauma therapy, there is help and a way out of feeling this way.
As a psychologist, my experience and training in treating PTSD started at a VA hospital over a decade ago when I worked as the primary resident on the Military Sexual Trauma unit. During this training I worked with many individuals with a variety of trauma experiences using evidenced based treatments in trauma therapy in the treatment of PTSD. Since that time, I have expanded my knowledge and training to include working with the nervous system and the bodies response to trauma. My approach to treatment is individual based on your comfort level, personal treatment goals and response to learning to calm the body. Treatment for PTSD and trauma therapy always involves a partnership between the therapist and client. [/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]