Parenting Counseling & Postpartum Support for New Moms & Postpartum
Specializing in Treatment for Postpartum Mood Disorders
- Are you finding yourself not feeling as rewarded as you thought you would having a baby>
– Did you experience a traumatic labor or birth? And are you now feeling on edge, anxious and fearful much of the time?
– Do you wish you were able to relax into motherhood?
- Are you feeling like you’re just not meeting expectations or feeling or doing things the way you’re supposed to?
– Do you feel overwhelmed with your child and not confident about decisions for your family?
– Are you feeling isolated, sad or overwhelmed, or think you might be experiencing postpartum depression or postpartum anxiety?
– Do you wonder how other moms manage it all?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, you may benefit from supportive counseling for the transitions and stresses of pregnancy and new motherhood.
Clinical Psychologist & Therapy for Anxiety
Specializing in Therapy Postpartum Needs of Women:
- Postpartum depression treatment
- Parenting counseling for new moms, including those experiencing postpartum mood disorders
- Mindfulness psychotherapy
- Treatment for panic attacks
- Postpartum anxiety treatment
- Stress management, help for excessive worry
- Incorporating meditation, yoga, mindfulness psychotherapy,Emotional Freedom Technique and other body focused techniques to aid in regulating the anxiety response & find a more peaceful way of facing challenges
Why Come See Me For Postpartum Mental Health Counseling?
Pregnancy and childbirth can be an enormous transition and there can often be challenges and obstacles along the way. Some women experience “pregnancy blues”, as well as postpartum depression, postpartum anxiety and other postpartum mood disorders that make the days, weeks and months following childbirth stressful and difficult. Sleep deprivation and being overwhelmed can also be a challenging part of the postpartum experience, even when you have support.
We also live in a social environment full of judgement of many areas of life, especially of mothers. We are confronted with endless “how to’s” in parenting. In treating postpartum mood changes and challenges, I can help you define the parent you want to be, increase your skills to support your commitment to this, and feel less oppressed by expectations. Feeling uncertain about yourself or struggling with postpartum depression, postpartum anxiety or other postpartum mental health challenges, as well as sadness or feelings of doubt or being overwhelmed in transitioning into motherhood can be devastating. In providing parenting counseling, I can help you increase your confidence, which inherently increases your child’s confidence in you. In our work together in addressing these postpartum challenges, we will look at how you can nurture yourself through this transitional time and build skills for resiliency during the difficult moments of being a parent.
For more information about my support group for new moms,click here.