Our Raleigh & Durham Mental Health Services
Our Durham Mental Health Services & Psychotherapists Raleigh
Psychologist Durham & Raleigh
Holistic Psychotherapy Approaches to:
- Therapy for Anxiety, Panic, Excessive Worry
- Treatment for OCD and/or Phobias
- Trauma Informed Therapy & Psychotherapy for PTSD
- Helping College Age Young People Face Changes, Transitions & Challenges.
- Women in Transition, especially New Moms & Postpartum Anxiety, PTSD & Postpartum Depression Counseling
- Mindfulness Psychotherapy, Meditation & Yoga, as Well as Other Research Proven Approaches
- Individuals with Relationship Issues, Moving In or Out of Relationships. Attachment Theory Psychotherapy
Owner, Psychotherapist Raleigh & Durham
Psychotherapy Helping Teens, Adults, Families, Couples with:
- Family Therapy & Help for All Family Relationship Issues
- Couples Relationship Counseling to Help with Effective Communication, Bonding & Intimacy
- LGBT Issues & Sexual Orientation Counseling, such as Coming Out
- Parenting Support, & Strategies including LGBT Parenting Support & Help for Parents/Family of LGBT Kids
- Counseling after Divorce or Separation & High Conflict/Co-Parenting Exs
- Teen Problems, especially Sexual Orientation Counseling
Our Psychotherapy Approach
Our Approach to Mental Health Services
- We believe that therapy can really help & this is supported by research.
- Also that it can often be more helpful than medication alone.
- And that we have “neuroplasticity” throughout our lives, which means our brains & ways of thinking, feeling & experiencing ourselves & our lives can always change.
- While change in thinking, feeling (both physical & emotional), & the brain may take time & effort, these are more permanent than what occurs with medication.
- Feeling understood, connected & really heard is the key to therapy being helpful & to this relationship helping us to heal.
- We see struggles & challenges, including those defined as mental illness, as a normal variation & part of life. So, we use a supportive, accepting approach to seeingour own & others’ problems, as both unique & normal.
- Most importantly, we want you to feel comfortable and at home in talking with us